Can you think back, when last time you did exercise? High School P.T class? Well, it does not matter where you are or how long it had been, you can still go back to working out without getting yourself to suffer from pain or having a monotonous feeling. The only thing which you need to start with is consistency. More than anything else, consistency is essential to build the exercise habit in you.
Now, let’s start to find out more about exercise, especially Cardio Exercise.
Table of Content
What is Cardio?
Cardiovascular exercise is also known as cardio or aerobic exercise. It is beneficial for good health.
Why cardio exercise is essential for your health?
It makes your pulse rate up by pumping out blood rapidly around the body, which makes your heart and lungs healthier.
As a beginner, you would be anxious to know about the frequency and time span of cardio workout. So, here we will tell you about this.
- As a beginner, you should set a target of 3 to 4 cardio workouts a week for 30 to 40 minutes each session. Slowly and gradually come to moderate intensity which is 150 to 300 minutes a week.
In this section, you will learn how to start with Cardio Workout.
Point to focus on:
“Remember why you started. Don’t give up, a way.”
This bit-by-bit guidelines can help you to take the leap and back to a cardio workout.
- Choose an activity which you enjoy: The best workout for you is one that you actually enjoy doing it. Walking is a simple example. It does not require any kind of special equipment. You can do it anywhere. If walking is not your, then choice, then choose that activity which keeps you involved in some kind of continuous moving. Like: cycling, swimming, running, climbing, etc.
- Set up a schedule: If you are starting off after a long time, you may not know, how much exercise your body can handle. If you are a beginner, then start with 3 weeks with a rest gap in between them, so you may get to know how your body is responding to a cardio workout. The body needs time to adjust.
- Begin with a warm-up: Always start the exercise with 5 to 6 minutes warm-up with a light cardio workout to gradually elevate your heart rate. Going for too fast will make worse.
- Ameliorate your pace and intensity: As time passes, works towards harder than comfortable up to 5 to 6 level but monitor yourself and go as long as you feel comfortable. Remember this, begin from where you are not from where you want to be. If you start from where you want to then, you will lose your consistency and you won’t be able to do it.
- Cooldown yourself: It is required to do a light cardio workout, to maintain the flexibility of muscle in which you have work on. Make them relax by stretching them.
- Increase your time: After every week increase your time span slowly and gradually until you reach incessant 30 minutes per session.
- Distance and pace: Don’t worry about distance and pace. For a few weeks just focus on showing workouts and build your time. You will gain speed and leap distance with the passage of time.
- Change your routine: After every 4 to 6 weeks try adding another day to your exercise moreover adding new workouts, and focus on your time, intensity, and pace.
Up till now, you got to know what are the tips which would aid you in how to do a cardio workout? Now, you would be keen to get to know about what are the exercises from which a beginner can start off. Without wasting any time let begins.
Cardio moves for beginners
The workouts are very simple and straightforward.
1. High Knee: This exercise is quite simple. It only requires running in a specific area. You can easily do it anywhere as this exercise can be done on minimal space.
- Stand vertical with legs together and arms at sides.
- Raise your one knee towards your chest. Lower, your leg and do the identical along with your other knee.
- Keep alternating your knees, raise your arms up and down.
2. Butt Kicks: Butt kicks are contrary to high knees. In this workout, you have to lift up your heels instead of your knees.
- Stand with feet approximate and arms at your sides.
- Lift your one heel towards your butt. Lower, your heel and do congruent along with your other heel.
- Keep switching your heels, pump your arms.
3. Lateral Shuffles: This workout proliferates your heart rate and improves side to side coordination.
- Erect with your feet hip-width aside, knees and hips curved. Lean forward and hold up your core.
- Uplift your feet, propel off your sinistral and move right while keeping your form.
- Place your feet together. Continue shuffling towards right.
- Repeat it the same with your left side.
4. Crab Walk: Crab walk is a fun way to keep your blood flowing. It reinforces your arms and legs.
- Begin with sitting on the floor with your feet hip-distance apart in front of you and your arms behind your back with finger facing hips.
- Raise hips off the floor and fix your abs.
- Begin strolling by moving your left hand followed by the correct foot, do it the equivalent with your correct hand and left foot.
5. Standing Oblique Crunch: This cardio workout is not easy only but also has low effects on beginner’s physique.
- Stand alongside your feet shoulder-width far off. Spot your hand on the rear of your head, elbow pointing outwards.
- Bent to the proper, moving your right elbow down and knee up.
- Return to starting position. Repeat on the left side.
6. Jumping Jacks: This work out is for the whole body so must do some jumping jacks.
Secret For Making Your Cardio Workout Better
- Make sure you’ve got quality shoes for your chosen activity.
- Start slowly. Doing an excessive amount will result in injuries and break.
- Always try adding a brand new workout once you get accustomed to it. Doing the identical things end up in boredom.
- To maintain the fitness of the body do exercise regularly.
- Stay hydrated.
- Every week is not the same. You may have more energy than others so, do have relaxing days when you are tried.
Why do you have to do Cardio Workout?
The advantages of doing a cardio workout for beginners are numerous. So let’s start.
- Improved heart muscles strength
- Reduce stress
- Lowered blood pressure
- Improves cholesterol
- Weight control
- Improved sleep
- Better mood and mental health
- Slow the aging process
Prevention is better than cure.
So, here are some safety measures.
If you are new to these workouts or you are having a number of problems mentioned below then, you ought to consult a doctor to require certain measures which are necessary.
- Heart disease
- Lung problem
What if you do only Cardio?
A cardio workout should be part of the exercise you plan. It should not be only the exercise you do. If you do then, you experience some disadvantages.
- Muscles loss
- Fats retention
- Slow down of metabolism.
We learn, that Cardio workout helps us to remain fit and active. We can only do this by maintaining regularity. Remember this: “Slowly and gradually wins the race.”