Obesity is a major problem face by people all over the world. Accumulation of fat in the human body affects adversely on human health. According to WHO (World Health Organization) since 1975, the rate of obesity in people has tripled and they also said that it’s preventable. There are many solutions for fat loss but the most significant one is exercise. The type of exercise that increases the heart rate and helps reduce fat loss is cardio.
Cardio exercise is the best type through which easy fat reduction can be done and the desired weight can be maintained. Our bodies are made to move to makes it strong. If the muscles in our body are moved regularly, then it makes them compelling.
Table of Content
How does cardio work?
If there is regular movement in your body that means a strong cardiovascular system is made through which capillaries provide more oxygen to the cells in your muscles. Movement of muscles in your body helps to make them stronger than ever and the delivery of oxygen helps the cell to burn more fat while exercising and even while inactivity of the human body.
Significance of cardio workouts apart from losing fat
Doing cardio workouts daily, burns extra body fats and helps to increase metabolism. It also reduces stress hormones and helps the human body to release endorphins which helps the person to be happier.
Let’s move to the actual benefits of cardio workouts apart from just losing fat:
- It helps you to boost your immune system and your endurance level.
- Assist a person to control blood pressure
- A cholesterol level of a person has a great role in the body, it should be maintained to avoid certain diseases and through cardio workouts, one can maintain his cholesterol level.
- It also helps to maintain the sugar level of the body.
If these all the above benefits, are achieved by the person’s body, then diabetes, osteoarthritis, heart diseases, gall bladder problems and breathing issues can be prevented. One should bring cardio workout in their daily routine to safeguard themselves from these diseases.
Best cardio exercises for fat loss
- Walking: This is the startup of your workout when you get into cardio.
- Elliptical: Elliptical is a machine workout that helps to increase heart rate more than the treadmill. It enables the person to run; walk and stair climb without any injuries because there is a lot of pressure on the person’s joints. Hence, people who have injuries can use elliptical machines to stay healthy and active.
- Running: Running and sprinting is another step that helps to reduce fat but if we compare both then sprinters take the fat loss journey to another level that means in a short period of time there is more fat loss. It depends on what training one is getting.
- Bike riding or cycling: cycling is beneficial because it utilizes a group of muscles together which elevates the heart rate and helps to reduce fat all over the body.
- Stair climber: It’s useful more than walking because it comprises more muscles than in a walk. It is also a home cardio exercise.
- Swimming: This is one of the total body workouts because even treading water helps to burn fat. When one holds breathe, the calories start to burn and long swimming strokes are helpful because one has to hold breathe for a few seconds in it.
People nowadays are occupied due to the busy schedule and they don’t have time to join a gym and some people are sluggish to go to the gym. So, for those there are some home cardio workouts.
There are lots of YouTube videos that compromise home cardio workouts for 10 minutes or for a limited time which is also a way to exercise at home without paying a trainer.
Now let’s just move on to some home cardio exercises:
- Jump rope: It’s considered to be the best cardio workout at home because if you jump rope for straight twenty minutes, you can lose approximately, 220 calories which seem surprising. After all, as a kid probably everybody has done it for a longer time period.
- Jumping jacks: This is another home cardio workout that can help a person to reduce 100 calories if he/she does jumping jacks for 10 minutes. It’s done without any equipment needed. So, easily anyone can do it anytime, anywhere.
- Dancing: This is for those who are fun-loving and want to be creative every time. Any movement that helps a person increase his heart’s palpitations exercises his cardiovascular system and there are some dance moves which help to maintain your muscles. So, put on some music and start dancing.
- Jogging in place: It’s not necessary to go out on a walk or for a run to lose fat. One can do it easily at home by jogging at a place. One can incorporate other exercises like jump rope or burpees to make jogging in one place interesting and fun.
As, as we have read about some exercises that help to fat loss, we should now know whether it’s helpful or not.
There are two types of cardio:
- LISS (low-intensity steady-state cardio): It’s an “aerobic activity” which helps in increasing the muscle fortitude and the size of the capillary. This process requires a lot of oxygen in the body. It also assists the heart to pump blood efficiently. Some examples are swimming, low-intensity jog and cycling.
- HIIT (high-intensity interval training): It’s an “anaerobic activity” which helps in increasing the size of muscles. It’s just the opposite of aerobic activity, it doesn’t require much oxygen. Training is done through lifting heavy weights after which fat burn is felt.
Which cardio is more beneficial in quick fat loss?
If we consider low-intensity steady state cardio (LISS), then it helped in quick fat loss when exercises related to LISS are done with an empty stomach. However, this is slowly and gradually getting obsolete because research has found that HIIT is better than LISS because it contains every part of your body to involve while exercising. They got this by comparing the workouts of the two types.
Moreover, researchers did a study on the people practising both the types and compared samples of people who were doing LISS with people doing HIIT. The results were very clear and they saw the difference that people who were doing HIIT had fat loss nine times greater than those who were doing LISS. HIIT workers increase their growth hormones also, proved by research.
Is cardio the only solution for fat loss?
The question is, why do we use cardio? The answer is, to be fit and to lose fat. So, if the answer is to lose fat and remain slim and fit, then cardio is not only the solution. If a person controls his calorie intake and focuses on resistance (physical) training, he can lose fat quicker and easier while just sitting. Before moving forward, let’s know about resistance training.
It’s a type of training that is designed to boost the strengths and endurance level in a person. It mainly works on the strength of muscles. It’s a workout that includes a combination of exercises, with the use of dumbbells, and often uses weights. Some exercise machines can be used in resistance training as well.
- Cardio workout for beginners